“If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” ~ Eleanora Duse


Saturday, May 19, 2012

Today, I begin...

Today I begin this phlog (more photos/less talk) to share with you the beauty nature has to offer in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. I've got lots of pictures of native plants and critters taken at our home over the past month and will post more of these later, but I'll start with some taken in the last couple of days. (I posted images a bit smaller than my originals and haven't done any editing, but hopefully you can zoom in to see the details clearly.) I hope you enjoy!

Fire Pink (Silene virginica)

Blue-Eyed Grass (Sisyrinchium angustifolium)

Bowman's Root (Gillenia trifoliata)

Stargrass (Hypoxis birsuta)

Mountain Laurel (Kalmia latifolia)

Hedge Bindweed (Calystegia sepium)

False Solomon's Seal (Smilacina racemosa)

Wild Coffee (Triosteum aurantiacum) - be sure to zoom in to see blossoms clearly!
And even though I don't yet know who these little guys are, I just had to share...





No comments:

Post a Comment